Jr. Software Engineer
A Jr. Software Engineer is responsible for the technical aspects of technology and lab exercises MCF AI Bootcamps program. This role will help design, develop, aggregate, and implement materials to include a bootcamp curriculum for high school students. The Jr. Software Engineer should have a basic understanding of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. The Jr. Software Engineer must be self-driven to explore and learn new technologies and languages and must be able to incorporate these innovative technologies into our curriculum at a rapid pace.
Jr. Software Engineer Responsibilities include:
- You will be responsible for assisting in analysis, design, and or sourcing high-quality content for technical learning programs at MCF. These can be open-source materials.
- Identify potential problems and points of friction in program processes/procedures and work to find solutions to maximize efficiency.
- Test student lessons and labs for usability and errors.
- Design, develop, and maintain course materials to include instructor-led presentations, student and mentor guides, hands-on lab exercises and Python notebooks.
- Effectively and independently manage multiple projects and initiatives from analysis to evaluation
- Use feedback and survey data from students, mentors and Bootcamp leaders to improve existing courses and develop new course content.
- Continuously self-educate on recent technologies and languages and on the latest trends and practices in AI development.
- Continually look for ways to extend and improve our courses to support new technology
- Own the end-to-end production of one or more training offerings
- Assist with additional technical projects at MCF as needed.
- Help promote a company culture that encourages top performance and high morale.
Jr. Software Engineer Requirements:
CLICK TO APPLY
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related engineering discipline, or equivalent education in a software or technology-related field and 1-2 years' experience.
- A passion for explaining technical concepts in easy-to-understand formats.
- Proficiency in Python (most AI work is done in Python so MCF requires software engineers to have strong Python experience) and integrating APIs for machine learning services.
- Basic understanding of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning concepts.
- Comfortable and familiar with modern software development practices and infrastructure.
- Experience using one or more database technologies.
- Self-driven exploration and education on new technologies and languages, can adapt to innovative technologies and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Superb verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid time management and excellent organization skills.
- Remote but must already live in Texas or California.